Kahnawake Gambling License
For more than 24 years Kahnawake has provided the opportunity to establish legal gambling companies and offer services to players. Due to the reliability and loyalty of the jurisdiction, this jurisdiction regularly increases its popularity for operators and players. At the moment, 250 gambling sites are operating in Kanawake.
If you plan to open a gambling company in a reliable and advanced jurisdiction for business, getting a Kahnawake gaming license is necessary. Because local laws regulate gambling, activities without a special permit from the Kahnawake Gaming Commission are strictly prohibited. KGC (Kahnawake Gaming Commission) is responsible for issuing licenses and supervising in-game activities, occupying a rather authoritative and competent position on the world stage.
Kahnawake is a small autonomous Indian reservation located in Canada.With full sovereignty, the government can solely manage its jurisdiction.Thereby creating loyal taxation and corporate laws.
Companies in Kahnawake with an online gambling license get a prestigious, inexpensive jurisdiction with low costs and zero income tax. In addition, the gambling license in Kahnawake allows you to work with almost any market (respecting local legislation) except the United States. However, please note that the business must comply with all the requirements and maintain a high level of service support for the players to avoid the revocation of the license in case of non-compliance with the rules.
Advantages of the Kahnawake Gaming License
- Quite fast processing times for the Kahnawake Gambling licenses application. on average, the regulator reviews applications within 3 weeks, and you can start working as a licensed company within 8-10 weeks.
- A reliable legal environment that favors the image of the gambling company, increases the confidence of players and attracts new customers due to clear regulatory rules that do not allow fraud.
- Relatively uncomplicated regulatory requirements and rules and fast document preparation take much less time than in alternative jurisdictions.
- Ideal for start-ups: easy start-up of a cost-effective business in the gaming industry with relatively low costs, regulatory support, and minimal taxation.
- No taxation for Gambling license in Kahnawake holders: 0% corporate tax and 0% gross income tax. This helps startups focus on profits and scaling their business without excessive costs.
- It costs much less to apply than in the EU – $15,000 + $5,000 for a Key Person License. In addition, the annual license fee is – $10,000 and if the licensing is refused, the annual fee is refunded in full.
- Having a Kahnawake gambling license ensures the security of activities and protects from sanctions and fines, unlike unlicensed companies.
Disadvantages of getting a Kahnawake Gambling License
Despite several advantages, obtaining a Kahnawake gaming license has some disadvantages:
- A long wait for the Commission’s licensing decision, which takes about six months.
- When choosing this license, it is important to consider that it may not have the same prestige as licenses from major regulatory bodies and may not provide access to all international markets.
- Because of its location on a Native American reservation, Kahnawake has a unique legal status, which can complicate legal issues, especially in cases of international dispute resolution.
- There may also be global compliance issues and restrictions on advertising in certain regions.
Request more information about the Kahnawake Gambling License
Procedure for obtaining a Kahnawake gambling License
Establishing a key person
The first step in the Kahnawake gaming license process is to appoint a key person to be responsible for the company’s operations, reporting, management, and regulatory enforcement.
This key person must have an impeccable reputation and education.
Before applying for a Kahnawake online gambling license, you need to register your company in the local legal entities register.
If you have no experience with company registration or want a guaranteed result, it is advisable to contact the experts at Gofaizen & Sherle.
The standard package includes certified scans of the founders’ passports; certificates of criminal records of the key persons; bank statements, financial audits reports, utility bills, detailed descriptions of the games, and documents on the development of quality software, business plan, and RNG certificate.
If you need support in gathering the right documentation, our team will help.
APPLICATION AND PAYMENT OF FEES
Along with applying for a gaming license in Kahnawake, it’s important to pay the registration fee – $15,000. Please note that if you refuse to apply for a license, the amount is not refundable. Along with this amount, you need to pay an annual fee for the first year of the license – $10,000. Unlike the registration fee, this amount is refundable.
Because the rejection of the application can lead to financial losses, this is the most important stage, where it is worth enlisting the support of professionals.
WAITING FOR A RESPONSE FROM THE REGULATOR
It usually takes about 2 months for the KGC to make a decision. Your company can expect 1 of 3 scenarios: you will be allowed to operate legally; the application may be rejected if the requirements are not met; the application may be returned for clarification of data and collection of documents.
ISSUANCE OF LICENSE
Gambling Kahnawake license is issued for six months and the operator falls under the supervision of the regulator. This is the time when the Commission evaluates the activities of the operator, monitors the players’ complaints and work with clients, and observes compliance with the law. If the operator follows all the rules in good faith – the Kahnawake gambling license is extended for 5 years. In case of disputable situations, you will be allowed to work for another 3 months for re-inspection.
Requirements for obtaining a Kahnawake Gaming License
- The gaming company must be formalized in the local registry
- Ensure the creation of certified software that will meet the standards of the regulator
- The game company’s servers must be located in Kahnawake
- All beneficiaries must have an impeccable reputation
- Appoint a key person, or manager and find at least one shareholder
- Each company must have RTP/RNG certificates
- A functioning website with domain ownership
- Must follow regulator’s rules to maintain jurisdiction’s image
- The company must be independently audited
Process of applying for a Kahnawake Gambling License
To apply for a gambling license in Kahnawake, there are several steps to follow:
Your company must be incorporated (it is not necessary to incorporate in Kahnawake).
An applicant for a Kahnawake gaming license must meet the following requirements:
- The company must have an impeccable reputation and stable financial position.
- The company must have sufficient resources, technology, and experience to provide quality services.
- The company must have directors, founders, and shareholders with a share of at least 10%.
Preparation of documentation
For a positive response from the regulator, along with the application, you must prepare a package of corporate information, copies of personal documents of owners and key persons, and documents confirming the company’s competence.
Payment of fees
Before applying, a government fee of $25,000 must be paid. This amount demonstrates KGC’s strong commitment to obtaining a Kahnawake gambling license. If your application is not approved, the money will be refunded.
Note the other costs of obtaining a Kahnawake gambling license:
- $20,000 – annual service provider license maintenance fee
- $500 – renewal of service provider license
- $1,000 – annual maintenance fee for a key person license
- $2,500 – renewal of key person license
Review of your application by the Gaming Commission
The KGC has the power to review license applications, issue licenses, as well as revoke them. In this regard, any company must maintain a positive image throughout the entire operation, not only at the moment of application. The average preliminary review period is 2-4 months.
During this time, a letter is sent to Mohawk Internet Technologies about the new application, testing, and reporting to the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. Once the application is validated, CSS testing is conducted, a report is developed, and if approved, the application is reviewed by the Commission to decide whether to issue a license.
If your application is approved, your company will be licensed for six months. During this period, the Commission will conduct a full review of the company’s compliance and fulfillment of all requirements.
If you successfully pass this step, you will receive a decision to issue a second license authorization for the service provider.
Kahnawake Gambling License and Required Documentation
To obtain a Kahnawake gaming license, you need to prepare a package of the following documents:
- License Application
- Corporate information
- Detailed description of all games and software
- Personal information of the beneficiaries
- Security mechanisms in place
- Written consent from the owner to add interactive games permit to the main license
- List of all directors with their professional resumes
- Financial report for 3 years
- Detailed description of hosting services
Additionally, all key persons of the company must provide the following documents:
- Confirmation of no criminal record
- Notarized copies of passport and birth certificate
- Bank statements
- Financial reports
- Utility bills as proof of registration address
Important: All documents must be no older than 90 days and have an English translation.
Find more information about the Kahnawake Gambling License
Types of licenses available in Kahnawake
Depending on the type of your company and the nature of your business, you may need one or more of the 6 licenses available in Kahnawake:
- IGC (Interactive Gaming License) Designed for starting an online casino and allows you to run your hosting in the jurisdiction. However, this license does not allow you to provide services on another hosting site; it covers only one site.However, this license is less popular due the complicated and lengthy process of obtaining.
- CPA (Client Provider Authorization) Multifunctional license, which covers various types of games on the Internet: casinos, betting, poker, bingo, interactive games, and so on. All games are hosted by IGC license holders.
- LDSA (Live Dealer Studio Authorizations) The license allows you to open a streaming studio to create and demo games online.
- Secondary CPALicense for companies that want to scale and want to enter other markets.
- IJA (Inter-Jurisdictional Authorizations) This license allows operators who hold similar IGL licenses issued by other jurisdictions to legally locate equipment (or part of it) and personnel in Kahnawake.
- Key Person Licence Issued to the key person who manages the functions of the company holding the CPA license.
CPA licensing in Kahnawake
Client Provider Authorization is a universal Kahnawake gaming license, which works for different types of gambling businesses. With it, your company will be able to provide online casinos, betting, poker, roulette, and other services.
CPA covers the following gambling areas:
- Online casinos The games offered by online casinos are similar to the land-based casinos. They can be roulette, poker, slot machines and various card games.Those who plan to open such a business in Kahnawake shall obtain the CPA license to conduct interactive games online. Any operator that complies with the regulatory rules may get such a license.Note that along with this license, the company`’s Key Person License is required. If more than one person performs this role, the number of licenses will correspond to the number of managers.
- Lottery The principle of the lottery game is to select a random set of numbers (RNG) by a generator. The winner is chosen randomly and receives his or her winnings. However, unscrupulous companies may recode the RNG so that there are no winners or a fake person wins. If you want to provide such services in Kahnawake, you must confirm the transparency of your activities – get an RNG certificate from an official specialized laboratory and apply for a CPA license.
- Betting Company A betting company accepts bets from its clients on various sports events, including soccer games, basketball games, races, and other competitions. Customers have the opportunity to place bets on various aspects of these events, such as the outcome of matches, score, number of goals, and other parameters, depending on the lines and odds offered.To obtain a Kahnawake gambling license for such activities, it is necessary to confirm your financial condition and the degree of your intention, by paying a fee of $25,000.
- Bingo This is a bingo game that can be played over the Internet. Players are offered a virtual card with numbers, which they mark as they retrieve them. The goal of the game is to complete a specific pattern on the card and receive a reward for doing so.CPA license holders will be able to expand their business to three jurisdictions: Antigua, Malta and Barbuda. These regions have signed a memorandum that allows unrestricted gambling services in their territories. You will be able to work with partners Kahnawake after signing the special agreement.
- Slot machines Online slot machines are virtual versions of the classic slot machines available on the Internet. Players place bets, spin the reels, and hope for winning combinations of symbols. Online slots offer a variety of themes, symbols, and potential winnings.Owning a CPA validates the transparency of the gaming site, which guarantees honest winnings and no fraud.
Kahnawake Gaming Commission
The Kahnawake Gaming Commission is the main regulator of the gambling industry in the jurisdiction. It reviews license applications, makes licensing decisions, and enforces regulations.
KGM was set up in 1996 and within 3 years had already approved several rules for the development and supervision of gambling companies, based on Australia’s experience in monitoring gambling establishments. The Commission created its own MIT (Mohawk Internet Technologies) clearinghouse and provided its servers to host most of the online casinos.
KGM has now become a sought-after and popular regulator among similar regulators of online gambling establishments. The composition of the Commission (3 members) is re-elected every 2 years to avoid corruption and “untouchability” agreements with incumbent companies.
In 1999 the Kahnawake Gaming Commission created a set of rules for the operation of operators and approved the Regulation on Interactive Gaming. The basic requirements are to guarantee transparent and fair gaming without cheating and with mandatory payment of winnings. In addition, the Commission monitors the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing by approving an additional provision of the AML/CTF rules.
All gambling companies that plan to obtain a Kahnawake online gambling license must ensure
- Compliance with all of the regulator’s rules
- Create quality software
- Conduct all games transparently and honestly
- Guarantee the payment of all winnings
- Under the age of 18 (in some gambling establishments the age limit is 21)
- It is also prohibited to provide services to people who are on the list of persons with restrictions on participation in gambling
If you do not comply with the rules, the Commission may revoke your license.
Kahnawake gaming license taxes
All gaming companies that own a Gambling Kahnawake license have tax benefits – 0% corporate tax, gaming tax, and gross income tax. This has a competitive advantage over other countries and allows for business development and scaling.
To obtain a Kahnawake gambling license, a company must be registered, meet the requirements of reputation and financial standing, competent management, and sufficient resources. You must also prepare a complete application package and pay a $25,000 state fee, which is refundable if the application is denied. There are additional costs, including annual fees and license renewal fees. Once the application is submitted, review and testing begins, taking 2-4 months. If approved, a provisional license is granted for six months followed by a compliance review. Despite the advantages, such as a robust legal environment suitable for startups and no taxation, there are disadvantages, including a long wait for a final decision, limited market access, and potential legal complications.
FAQ about a Kahnawake Gaming License
What is a Kahnawake gaming license?
Kahnawake online gambling license is an official document issued by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission to legally provide online gambling services in Kanawake. The license regulates gambling activities and guarantees the legality and stability of gaming operations.
How do you get a gaming license in Kahnawake ?
To obtain a gaming license in Kahnawake, you must follow the procedures and requirements established by KGM. These include filing an application, submitting the necessary documents, proving the company is transparent, and paying the appropriate fees.
How much is a Kahnawake gaming license?
The cost of obtaining a gambling license in Kahnawake starts at $45,000.
What makes the Kahnawake gaming license a good choice?
The gambling license in Kahnawake is highly regarded because of its strict regulatory standards that ensure fair and transparent gambling operations. It offers a combination of reasonable licensing fees and favorable taxation, making it attractive to many online gambling operators.
What is a Kahnawake license?
The Kahnawake gaming license is an authorization issued by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. This license authorizes online gambling operators to conduct their activities according to the established regulations and standards of the KGC. It covers various types of online gaming including casino, poker, and sports betting.
What is the jurisdiction of the Kahnawake Gaming Commission?
The jurisdiction of the Kahnawake Gaming Commission extends to the regulation of online gambling. The KGC is responsible for licensing and regulating online casinos, poker rooms, and bookmakers that operate in Kanawake. Jurisdiction is predominantly focused on ensuring the fair, transparent, and responsible operation of licensed entities, protecting the interests of players, and maintaining the integrity of online gaming.
Connect with our experts
Our experts will tell you how to do it as quickly and easily as possible.
to our news & insights